Forums

angle-left Back

RE: Error when try to login as LDAP user in Liferay 5.2.2

SS
Sreeranj S, modified 9 Years ago.

Error when try to login as LDAP user in Liferay 5.2.2

Junior Member Posts: 78 Join Date: 3/17/09 Recent Posts
Hi,

I am getting the error given below when I try to login as an ldap user in liferay 5.2.2, I am able to connect to ldap and it displays the ldap users when I click on the test ldap users.
When I try to login as ldap users with correct user name and password it takes me to the page http://localhost:8080/c and displays the error message given below. But if typed the incorrect password it says the authentication failure error on the top of login portlet.

An unexpected system error occurred.

java.lang.NullPointerException

I tried to connect to two different ldap servers and I get the same error.

Given below is the partial output from the catalina.out

14:20:35,577 ERROR [jsp:?] User ID 10182
14:20:35,579 ERROR [jsp:?] Current URL /c
14:20:35,580 ERROR [jsp:?] Referer http://localhost:8080/web/guest/home?p_p_id=58&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&saveLastPath=0&_58_struts_action=%2Flogin%2Flogin
14:20:35,582 ERROR [jsp:?] Remote address 127.0.0.1
14:20:35,583 ERROR [jsp:?] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:149)
at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessor._processEvent(EventsProcessor.java:141)
at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessor._process(EventsProcessor.java:118)
at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessor.process(EventsProcessor.java:75)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:693)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:147)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.addDefaultUserPrivateLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:273)
at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.updateUserLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:1688)
at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.servicePre(ServicePreAction.java:1068)
at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:146)
... 41 more

Did anybody faced same sort of issue before, please let me know if anybody can provide me a solution for it.

Thanks.
SS

More details on my previous post.

The error occurs when the export option is enabled in the LDAP settings in LIfreay. Once the export(Liferay settings) is enabled the newly created user in LDAP server(after the export is enabled) will be unable to login and will give an error .

An unexpected system error occurred.

Once this error appears no user will be shown in the control panel ->users. I am attaching the screen shot of it.
I tried clearing the cache and others from the Server administrator tab, but still the users are not appearing in the Control panel ->users list.
Amos Fong, modified 9 Years ago.

LIFERAY STAFF Liferay Legend Posts: 1976 Join Date: 10/7/08 Recent Posts
I would try leaving export off, then go your user table and delete any user which doesn't have a contact associated with it. (ie select * from user_ where not exists (select * from contact_ where contact_.contactid = user_.contactid); )

THen try to reimport your users from LDAP
SS

Thank s Amos,

I have tried the method you have suggested, and recreating the user will enable the new user to login, but the User list is still empty in liferay(but can list the users when search made with *), Is there a way to force reimport the users from LDAP. so that all the users will show up in Liferay users list

Try doing a reindex from control panel > server administration
SS

I already tried reindexing it as I mentioned in my 2nd post, but it didn't help.

Thanks,
Sreeranj

are you still getting the nullpointerexceptions? if yes, are they referring to contact?
SS

No, I have disabled the export option, then removed the user from the database table(User_). Then imported the LDAP users(Import enabled for every 5 minutes). Later I re indexed the search, and restarted the appserver, Then the user list appears in Liferay.

But if the export is not enabled, user will be unable to change the password from Liferay as password it will not sync with LDAP. When the export is enabled we will get the null point exception when a new user is added.

Sreeranj S:
But if the export is not enabled, user will be unable to change the password from Liferay as password it will not sync with LDAP. When the export is enabled we will get the null point exception when a new user is added.

You can find a fix for this bug in this ticket:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-2755
SS

Hi Amos,

Thank you,

I have gone through the LPS-2755, but I was unable to find the files specified, in liferay. where are the files UserListener.java and PortalLDAPUtil.java located,

when I unjar portal.impl I was able to find those files but they are class file, Is that correct?

Could you please let me know where exactly are those files located in Liferay?

Thanks,
Sreeranj.S

when I unjar portal.impl I was able to find those files but they are class file, Is that correct?

that's correct.

I have gone through the LPS-2755, but I was unable to find the files specified, in liferay. where are the files UserListener.java and PortalLDAPUtil.java located,

Could you please let me know where exactly are those files located in Liferay?

These are the paths to the files.

portal-impl/src/com/liferay/portal/model/UserListener.java
portal-impl/src/com/liferay/portal/security/ldap/PortalLDAPUtil.java

You will need to either modify the files via the extension environment or download the 5.2.2 source code and modify and recompile.
SS

Hi Amos,

I checked the LDAP connection with Liferay 5.2.3, and it seems it works well, the synchronization works very good.
But if I try to create a user without job title, I am getting Users is temporarily unavailable, When I checked the logs, there also it is showing error stating the title value as null. But the user is not created in database tables(both user_ and contact_) so I think only the error(Users is temporarily unavailable) is showing incorrectly.

Same thing will happen when a user try to make the title field null, error showing is My account is temporarily unavailable. But during the next import from ldap the title value is reverted back to the old value from LDAP.

This is not a major issue effecting the normal operation of the portal, but I just want to let you know this issue and see if this is normal or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Sreeranj.S
Fernando Salazar De Paz, modified 8 Years ago.

New Member Posts: 3 Join Date: 8/6/09 Recent Posts
Amos Fong:
You can find a fix for this bug in this ticket:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-2755

Hi Amos

Is it fixed for 5.2.3 ? I suppose so but I have just installed 5.2.3 and I am getting the same error. If I uncheck Export everything is ok but leaving it checked I get a NullPointer Exception.

Thanks in advance
Amos Fong, modified 8 Years ago.

Hi Fernando,

Yes, it should be fixed for 5.2.3. Did you upgrade from 5.2.3 or start fresh with it. It could be caused by a different issue. Please post your entire stack trace.
Fernando Salazar De Paz, modified 8 Years ago.

New Member Posts: 3 Join Date: 8/6/09 Recent Posts
Hi Amos

Excuse me for the delay. I am also struggling with Alfresco and I have just came back to Alfresco.
It is a fresh 5.2.3 installation. I have tried with Apache Directory and OpenLDAP.
Using Windows XP and latest service packs.
Java jdk1.6.0_14

I think the problem cames when I check Export option. Leaving it unchecked I can log with fresh users from my LDAP without any trouble. If I check the Export option and I try to log with a user not already in Liferay I get the NullPointer Exception. Previous users can log normally but this user becomes unavailable even If later on I uncheck the export option.

The stack trace is shown below

Loading jar:file:/C:/desarrollo/java/install/liferay-portal-5.2.3/tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/content-types
.properties
08:06:59,312 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1153] Reloading repositories
Loading file:/C:/desarrollo/java/install/liferay-portal-5.2.3/tomcat-6.0.18/temp/0-chat-portlet/WEB-INF/classes/portlet.properties
08:14:38,515 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1347] Checking for available updates
08:14:38,515 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1391] Finished checking for available updates in 0 ms
08:27:29,109 ERROR [UserImpl:109] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No Contact exists with the primary key 10402
com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No Contact exists with the primary key 10402
        at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.ContactPersistenceImpl.findByPrimaryKey(ContactPersistenceImpl.java:286)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.ContactLocalServiceImpl.getContact(ContactLocalServiceImpl.java:41)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor130.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
        at $Proxy17.getContact(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.ContactLocalServiceUtil.getContact(ContactLocalServiceUtil.java:84)
        at com.liferay.portal.model.impl.UserImpl.getContact(UserImpl.java:104)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.importLDAPUser(PortalLDAPUtil.java:845)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth.authenticate(LDAPAuth.java:213)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth.authenticateByScreenName(LDAPAuth.java:96)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline._authenticate(AuthPipeline.java:154)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline.authenticateByScreenName(AuthPipeline.java:57)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticate(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:2515)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:533)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
        at $Proxy70.authenticateByScreenName(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceUtil.java:174)
        at com.liferay.portlet.login.util.LoginUtil.login(LoginUtil.java:165)
        at com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction.login(LoginAction.java:146)
        at com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction.processAction(LoginAction.java:85)
        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:180)
        at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:197)
        at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:98)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:57)
        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:632)
        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:664)
        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:359)
        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAction.java:604)
        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:428)
        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:195)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:157)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:608)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:846)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:143)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:142)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:140)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter.processFilter(CacheFilter.java:425)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:257)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter.processFilter(OpenSSOFilter.java:73)
        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:191)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
08:27:29,109 ERROR [PortalLDAPUtil:888] Error updating user with screen name dflanvin and email address dflanvin@uniovi.es
        at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Calendar.java:1037)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.importLDAPUser(PortalLDAPUtil.java:849)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LDAPAuth.authenticateByScreenName(LDAPAuth.java:96)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline._authenticate(AuthPipeline.java:154)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.AuthPipeline.authenticateByScreenName(AuthPipeline.java:57)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticate(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:2515)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:533)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.authenticateByScreenName(UserLocalServiceUtil.java:174)
        at com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction.processAction(LoginAction.java:85)
        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:180)
        at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:98)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:57)
        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:664)
        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:359)
        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAction.java:604)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:157)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:608)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:143)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:142)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:140)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter.processFilter(CacheFilter.java:425)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:257)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter.processFilter(OpenSSOFilter.java:73)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:191)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
08:27:29,250 ERROR [MainServlet:821] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:148)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.processEvent(EventsProcessorImpl.java:92)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.process(EventsProcessorImpl.java:69)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorUtil.process(EventsProcessorUtil.java:64)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:801)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:148)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.addDefaultUserPrivateLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:272)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.updateUserLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:1695)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.servicePre(ServicePreAction.java:1073)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:145)
        ... 44 more
08:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] User ID 10401
08:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Current URL /c
08:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Referer http://localhost:8080/web/guest/home
08:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Remote address 127.0.0.1
08:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.processEvent(EventsProcessorImpl.java:92)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.process(EventsProcessorImpl.java:69)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorUtil.process(EventsProcessorUtil.java:64)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:148)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.addDefaultUserPrivateLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:272)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.updateUserLayouts(ServicePreAction.java:1695)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction.servicePre(ServicePreAction.java:1073)
        ... 44 more

Regards
Burton Allan Wynne, modified 8 Years ago.

Junior Member Posts: 38 Join Date: 7/30/09 Recent Posts
Fernando Salazar De Paz:
Hi Amos

Excuse me for the delay. I am also struggling with Alfresco and I have just came back to Alfresco.
It is a fresh 5.2.3 installation. I have tried with Apache Directory and OpenLDAP.
Using Windows XP and latest service packs.
Java jdk1.6.0_14

I think the problem cames when I check Export option. Leaving it unchecked I can log with fresh users from my LDAP without any trouble. If I check the Export option and I try to log with a user not already in Liferay I get the NullPointer Exception. Previous users can log normally but this user becomes unavailable even If later on I uncheck the export option.

The stack trace is shown below

Loading jar:file:/C:/desarrollo/java/install/liferay-portal-5.2.3/tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/content-types
.properties
08:06:59,312 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1153] Reloading repositories
Loading file:/C:/desarrollo/java/install/liferay-portal-5.2.3/tomcat-6.0.18/temp/0-chat-portlet/WEB-INF/classes/portlet.properties
08:14:38,515 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1347] Checking for available updates
08:14:38,515 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1391] Finished checking for available updates in 0 ms
08:27:29,109 ERROR [UserImpl:109] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No Contact exists with the primary key 10402
com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No Contact exists with the primary key 10402
        at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.ContactPersistenceImpl.findByPrimaryKey(ContactPersistenceImpl.java:286)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.ContactLocalServiceImpl.getContact(ContactLocalServiceImpl.java:41)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor130.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at $Proxy17.getContact(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.ContactLocalServiceUtil.getContact(ContactLocalServiceUtil.java:84)
        at com.liferay.portal.model.impl.UserImpl.getContact(UserImpl.java:104)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.importLDAPUser(PortalLDAPUtil.java:845)
08:27:29,109 ERROR [PortalLDAPUtil:888] Error updating user with screen name dflanvin and email address dflanvin@uniovi.es
        at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Calendar.java:1037)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.importLDAPUser(PortalLDAPUtil.java:849)
08:27:29,250 ERROR [MainServlet:821] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        ... 44 more
08:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] User ID 10401
08:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Current URL /c
08:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Referer http://localhost:8080/web/guest/home
08:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] Remote address 127.0.0.1
08:27:29,265 ERROR [jsp:?] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        ... 44 more

Regards

I would have to say that this is still an issue with 5.2.3 because I am tackling this issue right now... In fact here is my post:
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/3925746

Burton